Styron’s Tree Service provides tree trimming services for residential, commercial, and municipal clients throughout Carteret County including Newport, Beaufort, Cape Carteret, Emerald Isle, Morehead City, Pine Knoll Shores, and surrounding areas. Our company is a member of the Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA) and has a dedicated trimming crew that operates on an hourly basis and according to TCIA's ANSI A300 standards.
Proper pruning will improve a tree's health and appearance, reduce the risk of damage caused by unhealthy limbs, and help maintain the value of your property. Our objectives in pruning your trees are to manage risks to people and property, maintain good health of the tree, develop good structure and spacing in the tree, provide building clearance, manage the shape or size, and improve aesthetics. We utilize state-of-the-art equipment and specially fabricated trucks to complete each job efficiently and minimize harm to your property. Contact us to request service.
Proper Pruning Techniques
Styron’s Tree Service is committed to the long-term health of the trees on your property. Improper pruning leaves a tree vulnerable to disease and insect attack, reduces its aesthetic value, and decreases its lifespan. If you are not sure if your trees require trimming, feel feel to contact us.
Arborists adhering to the ANSI A300 standards will NOT:
- Leave branch stubs or make unnecessary heading cuts
- Cut off the branch collar (not make a flush cut)
- Top or "lion’s tail" trees (stripping branches from the inside leaving foliage just at the ends)
- Remove more than 25% of the foliage of a single branch
- Remove more than 25% of the total tree foliage in a single year
- Damage other parts of the tree while pruning
- Use wound paint
- Prune without good reason or climb the tree with climbing spikes